• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Plugin

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my InDesign to v. 17.0.1 and am now having trouble opening an older InDesign document. The error message says I'm missing the MindEngine InDesign plug-in which is not currently available on my system.  It is "strongly encouraging" me not to proceed with opening the document. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a third-party plugin. What soer of document is it?

What happens if you open anyway? If it opens you should try exporting to IDML to strip out the plugin info and open that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Tania21880854c93f,

This error occurs because some third party plugin was loaded while this document was worked upon sometime in the past and this plugin wrote some data into the InDesign file. Now your current InDesign installation does nor have that plugin and hence the data it wrote is not handled properly which casues InDesign to prompt you. Now you have two options

• Assess if you still need the plugin and if you do, get a copy of it and then the document will not issue any warnings.
  • If you don't need to use the plugin anymore then you will have to strip this extra plugin data from your file, for that first you will have to open it and then export IDML as already mentioned in the previous post. Alternatively you could use one of my plugin which does this without IDML export. You can try it out at the following location, the demo version is fully functional for 7 days. The benefit of using the plugin rather than IDML is that IDML export sometimes causes layout issues but those issues don't happen with the plugin as I don't do anything to the document except stripping away the missing plugin data.

https://github.com/Manan-Joshi/inexutils

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines