• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing "installed" font

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Do any of you have experience with converted fonts? I have a font that was originally T1. I had three font styles remade via the online converter - regular, bold and italic. Regular and bold work normally after installation, but italic doesn't show up for me in indesign. however, I find it installed in the font application. After reinstallation, the status does not change. still can't find it. How could I fix it?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try closing InDesign, then find and delete any AdobeFnt*.lst file where * is a number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the reason that you're converting the fonts because an OpenType version doesn't already exist? If an OpenType version does exist then it seems like a more secure move in the long run to simply get that. In regard to one of the converted fonts not showing up, though, were all of the weights of the font from the same original font family or type foundry? As I understand it using a font converter is dependent on the original license for the font which may not allow the font to be altered in any way. If that is the case then the font converter is not supposed to be able to convert the font at all. Could it be that the italic was from another version of the font that had a license that prohibited conversion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is the same version of the font. I wasn´t looking for a OpenType version. In this font is our book (I am working in a publishing house) from 2012. This is very old title. We have a licence for T1 font and I don´t know how can I get OpetType version instead of buying a new font. I need CE version 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines