Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mobile template size

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am designing for the iphone X the standard template is 1125 x 2436 px that comes with indesign,

But this is huge, the text size is around 50pt for headings and 35pt  for body text when placed on this template.

Do I actually need to set my artwork to the viewpoint size of 375 x 812 pixels?

Just a bit confused with what size to set the artwork.

Any help much appreciated as I haven't done design for mobile.

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Here are the presets in the current version of InDesign CC 2018.1. Note the one Jonathan listed now shows for iPhone 8/7/6:

InDesign CC001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What EXACTLY are you designing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a desktop version of a booking form which I am now translating to mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a PDF? If so, itā€™s simply going to scale to the phoneā€™s screen.

Youā€™re doing a lot of work for nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, one more thingā€¦if it is an interactive PDF, itā€™s going to be a crapshoot as to whether it works or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you explain how you go from desktop to mobile then from indesign.

I have designed some artwork to the desktop size and then some to the iphone size, is there a way around this?

Many thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youā€™re not providing anywhere near enough information and still havenā€™t confirmed itā€™s a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you will need to make two different designs for each size if you don't want things to shrink. its not responsive design when working on a .pdf. its static.

you can have an alternate layout from indesign and there you can make your second page size with your other version of the design. is this a mockup? a simulation of an app interactivity/design? if so, i would use adobe XD for that job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The artwork is for visuals to see what they would look like on the various platforms..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yes its just a mockup, and yes I have done an alternate layout, just checking that the size of this alternate layout for iphone is right, is the template for Iphone size 1125x2436 right for artwork size or is this the resolution, then what would be the actual artworkl size be? sorry just confused about what actual size to set the iphone mobile at.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked into Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I don't need to go to prototype its just for visual purposes only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1125x2436 is not an option in the mobile preset template sizes in indesign.  see screenshot below. Depending on the iphone you want there are different sizes and none are that you mention.  I would do the iphone 6 preset at 750px by 1334px from the screenshot below presets.

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 8.39.23 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the presets in the current version of InDesign CC 2018.1. Note the one Jonathan listed now shows for iPhone 8/7/6:

InDesign CC001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve

I will just use the preset for Iphone X 1125x2436 as I was doing and not worry about size of text etc.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines