• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'modify with' does not open the chosen program /Modifica con non apre il programma scelto

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning
I already entered this request yesterday but I can't find it so I'm doing it again.

Until a few days ago, working with INDESIGN, to make changes to the images inserted in a document it was enough to click on the image, choose 'modify with' and the chosen program would open (photoshop, illustrator) the changes were made, saved and the file updated automatically.
It doesn't even work if I try to open the useful program via the shortcuts window.
Unfortunately it no longer works, but only with adobe programs, in the sense that if I choose a NOT adobe program (for example LENS FARE) it opens.
I've read similar posts but none are answering my problem

Can someone help me?
Thank you

Buon giorno
ho già inserito questa richiesta ieri ma non riesco a trovarla per cui la rifaccio.

Fino a qualche giorno fa, lavorando con INDESIGN, per fare modifiche alle immagini inserite in un documento bastava cliccare sulll"immagine, scegliere "modifica con" e si apriva il programma scelto (photoshop, illustrator) si facevano le modifiche, si salvavano e il file si aggiornava automaticamente.
Non funziona nemmeno se cerco di aprire il programma utile tramite la finestra collegamenti.
Purtroppo non funziona più, ma solo con i programmi adobe, nel senso che se io scelgo un programma NON adobe, (per esempio LENS FARE) si apre.
Ho letto di post simili ma nessuno risponde al mio problema

Qualcuno può aiutarmi?
Grazie

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The command in English is called Edit Original. If this happens with every file you try, you should try restoring your preferences and caches. Here's how:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

If it only happens in one file, try saving as IDML to remove corruption. File > Save As > InDesign CS4 or Later [IDML]. Open the IDML file into InDesign and see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve and thanks for the reply.
I'm Italian and not knowing English very well I translated with a translator so the command is wrong!

I followed the first way you suggested and deleted the caches but the problem has not been solved.
So I followed the link and found:

Rename the following file and folder:
~/Library/Caches/com.adobe.indesign
~/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign

what does RENAME mean?
should I delete the two folders which will then create themselves again by deleting the preferences?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my ignorance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Rename" means give these files and folders new names. You can gives these folders of your old caches and preferences new names so the system can create clean, new preferences and caches. (The renamed version gives you a backup in case something goes wrong.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines