Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Modifying master pages

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have accidentally paste some text onto a master page, and can't find the edit master page command.  It now appears on each page of the book I am working on. Any ideas? Shall I delete that master page and start over, assigning a new master page to the pages in each chapter?

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go on the master page by double clicking on it and delete the text.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you Pages panel is not open, go to the Window menu and down to Pages to open it.

Then look at the top of the Pages panel. The masters are typically at the top (you may only have one master called "A-Master".)

Double click on the master page name and remove the text frame or text.

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. The suggestion given by @Creamer Training & @jmlevy is correct. You may also check out this help article on master pages (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/master-pages.html) to learn more about changing the layout, overriding or detaching master pages, etc. I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines