• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving even number of pages still shifts content

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm trying to move pages between documents, however, when I move them to the new doc, the items on the page shift to the right. This is happening even though I'm moving an even number of pages (22). Would anyone know why this is and how I can fix it? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try dragging them from the Pages panel to the new document rather than using the Move menu.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say what method you used to move the pages. The best method I've found is to use the command Layout > Pages > Move Pages... You can specify EXACTLY where the pages are to be inserted in the new document as shown below:

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 4.23.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contrary to the comment from Creamer Design, I don't remember having problems moving pages using that method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This assumes you're moving from a facing page document to another facing page document, or a single-page document to another single-page document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contrary to Steve's post, the move option would be my first choice but ran into a bug last week. Tested on multiple computers. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to position the moved pages either after an even numbered page or before an odd numbered page to keep the relative position...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi together,

recently we had a similar discussion:

Where is the secret? With the same page size and margins, there is an offset after A is moved to B?
dublove, Dec 15, 2021

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/where-is-the-secret-with-the-same-page-size-and-...

Facing-pages documents. Threaded text frames on every page, not using a primary text frame.

Eight pages were moved to another facing-pages document with the menu command Move Pages:

Result: On the third, the fifth and the seventh page moved, the frames' horizontal position was wrong.

Not on the first page of the moved ones.

When the pages were dragged to the other document, the frames did not move relative to the page.

My thanks for that workaround goes to Creamer Training!

The case here with Mare51 as OP could be different.

I think we need some sample documents or screenshots.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines