• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-layered/language InDesign to Multi-layered/language PDF

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a multi layered object with a different language on each layer. Each manual (layer) has numbered steps that are exactly the same in each language. However, the only layer that is printing the step numbers is the top layer. I have exported to PDF each language as the top language and that layer has the step numbers, but the languages below the top layer do not have the step numbers. This glitch just started today after 7 years of using InDesign never seen something like this. I have had a colleague attempt to create the multi-layered/language pdf and they have the same issue. I have uninstalled InDesign, re-installed, and deleted preferences. Not sure where to go now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tim,

it is the first frame of a story that dictates this malign behavior.

So a workaround would be to add a small text frame at the start of the story to prevent the issue.

In your case move that small text frame to the layer that's always visible: The "Master" layer.

FirstFrameOfStory-1.PNG

FirstFrameOfStory-2.PNG

See also this new discussion from today:

Autonumbering turns off when hiding a layer
biozaichenko, Aug 01, 2021

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/autonumbering-turns-off-when-hiding-a-layer/td-p/12222071

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines