• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-states objects with button

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, how is it possible to manage object states with buttons. I have two object states placed in the same place (one on top of the other).
I have two buttons, the first one make appear an object state 1, my second button makes appear a second object state.

My concern is that when I click on the second button, I have no way to hide the first object state. is there a solution?
thank you in advance

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the buttons for use in an Interactive PDF?

If so, some features in Interactive PDFs don't work – you can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website.

Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc.

Multi-state objects (MSO) don’t work at all in Interactive PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no it's a brochure epub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you like to show then? Nothing?

Then add an additional empty state that can be addressed with a button.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not nothing, as I said in my first message, my second button should make a second multiple object status appear but the first one does not disappear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote this years ago for DPS which is a dead service, but the method should work for a fixed layout epub.

Digital Publishing Suite 101: How to Hide a Slideshow • BobLevine.us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for this information, but it does not correspond to what I am looking to do. in any case I will keep this information under consideration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with FXL ePubs can be the reader and that unfamiliar users may have to download a reading app. If you're not needing the publication to be password protected it might be worth you considering InDesign's Publish Online. Such documents can be read on a Mac, PC, Tablet and Smartphone and are easy to produce of you know InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Combine the two MSOs into one. Way easier to control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that was new info, that you have two MSOs on your page.

Case 1. Both buttons are outside of the MSOs on the page:

Both buttons can see both MSOs, so you can control both MSOs with two GoToState actions in each.

Case 2. Both buttons must be positioned inside the MSOs:

Have your BUTTON 1 as anchored object inside a text frame that is part of MSO 1.

Have your BUTTON 2 as anchored object inside a text frame that is part of MSO 2.

Important to know: Because the two buttons are anchored, they can see all MSOs on a page or on the whole spread if it happens that the spread has more than one page. You can do two GoToState actions with boths buttons. One action that goes to an empty state of the one MSO, a second action that goes to a state of the other MSO.

Best show some screenshots to understand how the buttons should function.

And also if and when a button should disappear as well.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next button brings up the MSO 1 with the associated texts, so far no problem.

the junior button should make appear the MSO 2 with its associated text. the text changes well but the MSO1 does not disappear so that one can see the MSO2 one sees that it is in background.

Capture d’écran 2021-11-20 à 02.06.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need an empty state if you want that MSO to be hidden. That also means putting the buttons into the MSO. The issue with that is that the buttons will lose their actions if you copy/paste them in. There is however a lovely little plugin that will really help with MSOs:

Object States Assistant for Adobe InDesign – Automatication

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU I'LL TAKE A LOOK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines