• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple InDesign versions Ventura double click

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded to Ventura and have found an annoying glitch.

On previous operating systems, I could double click an InDesign file in finder and it would open in whatever version of InDesign I had running, now double click makes it launch the default 'open with' version.

We have to use older versions of InDesign for some clients for various reasons (certain plugins for example).

I'd really like this feature back - it's going to be tricky to unlearn years of muscle memory!!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used the double click for the first time, maybe the “Open With” was not yet defined. InDesign file formats also change with time. So select an InDesign file and open the information (CMD + I) then under “Open With” select your InDesign version and select “Change All”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reference the help article for changing the application a filetype opens with is mentioned below, its mostly the same as what @Rene Andritsch has already written.

https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mh35597/mac

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Manan and Rene. However, I will also add: If you're running Ventura, be sure to upgrade to the latest version - Ventura 13.2 - which fixes several bugs which may appear in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid it doesn't help to change the 'open with' version globally, as different clients and projects run different versions of InDesign, so over the course of a day I would need to change 'open with' settings multiple times.

It was much more useful to open the correct version of InDesign and be able to double click from thereonin. Sadly I suspect the nature of our need for multiple versions of InDesign is quite rare and the feature has been lost by the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Certainly sounds like the operating system at play here. I'm primarily a Windows user and it has never worked that way there. Perhaps you'll get more help in one of the Apple forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines