Copied

My 2021 Indesign will NOT export to pdf

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Hi there,

I agree with the suggestions shared above. We need a few more details to help you with this. As Eugene mentioned, if your machine is powered by M1 chipset, then this version is not compatible natively on your machine, however, it works using Rosetta 2 technology.

I would suggest if you could the try the steps shared on this help article ( https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-printing-pdf-export-indesign.html ) and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that but if you don't give us details nobody is going to be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

Which kind of PDF did you select?

What happened, is there an error message?

Have you been able to do this previously i.e. is it a new thing that's occurred?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standarrd thing to try is to reset your InDesign Preferences

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

The shortcut is 

Delete InDesign preferences with shortcuts

You can delete the replaceable InDesign SaveData and InDesign Defaults files by holding down the following keys while InDesign is launching:

• Windows: Shift+Ctrl+Alt
  • Mac OS: Shift+Control+Option+Command

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GOing tot delete this..

1. I have a brand new iMac and Adobe subscription with the latest version of everything.

2. Unfortunately I have to convert my files from the cloud on my MacBook Pro...

3. Strange, since all the software is the latest on both computers.

THIS NEW iMac was the smallest/cheapest version...about $1200...and perhaps that's the issue..a bit aggravating.

I'm a designer/book publisher with many years of experience...[I even re-downloaded the Adobe software...etc.

I'm just working with it, hoping the MAC updates will fix issues...I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

Thx for trying to help...not Adobe...Thanks!! bye for now...it's my computer I'm sure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF it's the Mac M1 chip, that is not yet a supported processor. Apple brought out their own processor and plenty of software outside of Apple is not compatible. It runs through Apple's Rosetta which emulates the software.

Sorry to say, but the new M1 chip is only compatible with a few Adobe Apps at the moment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I agree with the suggestions shared above. We need a few more details to help you with this. As Eugene mentioned, if your machine is powered by M1 chipset, then this version is not compatible natively on your machine, however, it works using Rosetta 2 technology.

I would suggest if you could the try the steps shared on this help article ( https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-printing-pdf-export-indesign.html ) and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirmng via DM that the issue is fixed. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future, we'd be happy to help.

Thanks!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines