• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Indesign color setting kept changing automatically

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone knows how to fix this issue? It was started on Last Monday, I never have changed the color setting on all Adobe programs and never have any problem when printed (press), they all matched. I always used the default setup from Adobe.

So, now everytime I switch working between the Photoshop, Bridge and InDesign, the color setting on InDesign will change from "North America General Purpose 2" to "Emulate Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS Off", even thought the other 2 programs are set up to the same only InDesign that kept changing.

This is so frustrated of not knowing what to do or how to fix it. It effects the color on my artworks.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Performance , Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Bridge and look into the colour settings (EDIT→Colour Settings or CTRL-SHIFT-K):

Abambo_0-1616187367878.png

Colour settings should be synchronized for all programs using the same settings. If they aren't synchronized as here, chose the settings of your liking and push apply. Bridge is the program to get all other Adobe programs to use the same profiles.

Abambo_1-1616187567085.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Abambo.

That was the first thing I did, but it didn't solve the issue. That's why I have no idea what really cause it and what else I need to do 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently a bug causing this. This thread has a workaround:

'

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/color-settings-reverting-to-emulate-adobe-indesign-2-0-cms-o...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! Thank you for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. In that link is an instruction to delete the Color settings preference, and let Bridge generate a new one. Everything should pop back to normal. It worked for me and a few others and it hasn't screwed up since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works! Thank you for your help on other posts 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines