Exit

My text frame will not close in on the text completely

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aidan28610574w1n9_0-1677768594637.png

Here is the problem I have with my text frame when I double click the corner

How come there is still space at the top? Do I have a setting on that will fix this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Change the Frame settings baseline off-set to Caps or X-height, just try out what gives the result you want.

First baseline offset options

To change the first baseline options of a selected text frame, choose Object > Text Frame Options, and click the Baseline Options tab. The following options appear in the Offset menu under First Baseline:

Ascent

The height of the “d” character in the font falls below the top inset of the text frame.

Cap Height

The top of uppercase letters

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has to do with the height of the font, like diacritic capitals. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the solution to this? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the Frame settings baseline off-set to Caps or X-height, just try out what gives the result you want.

First baseline offset options

To change the first baseline options of a selected text frame, choose Object > Text Frame Options, and click the Baseline Options tab. The following options appear in the Offset menu under First Baseline:

Ascent

The height of the “d” character in the font falls below the top inset of the text frame.

Cap Height

The top of uppercase letters touch the top inset of the text frame.

Leading

Use the text’s leading value as the distance between the baseline of the first line of text and the top inset of the frame.

X Height

The height of the “x” character in the font falls below the top inset of the frame.

Fixed

Specify the distance between the baseline of the first line of text and the top inset of the frame.

Min

Select a minimum value for the baseline offset. For example, if Leading is selected and you specify a minimum value of 1p, InDesign uses the leading value only when it’s greater than 1 pica.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im confused with this reply

What do I do? The Ñ is the letter that is messing things up.. so what should I change as you have given me options for everything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

got it with caps height thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines