• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My workspace and documents are not opening

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm relatively new to InDesign however have been working on a few different docuemtns.  The latest was a yearbook for my daughter's school in which I have been replacing photographs from a previous year to new photographs.  I was working on it two days ago and didn't close InDesign down after finishing working on it.  When I went back to InDesign yesterday it would not open the document.  I tried opening other documents and it would not open them either.  It does not come up with any error code.  It comes up with a window on one of them to say that some of the links are missing but then it does nothing after I click on that message box.  It's as if the whole workspace is missing.   After reading a few articles I've tried resetting the workspace to no avail.  I have tried opening up a new document and the same, nothing happens.  From the top menu, which is all I can see I am selecting <File <New <Document <Okay but then nothing happens.  I am using macOS Mojave and InDesign version 16.4.  Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the InDesign preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've tried that..... I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the software.  I sent a copy of the files I can't open to someone else and they say they can open them..... any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @CBainton

Sorry about the trouble. I would suggest you to update to v17.0.1 and see if that helps. If that doesn't help, then I would suggest you to try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

• Try running the app in Safe Mode  (Mac) & Root (Mac)?
  • Close all Adobe applications and manually reset preferences by renaming the folders from the following locations:
    ~/Library/Caches
    ~/Library/Preferences
    Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.InDesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.InDesign.old and
    launch InDesign from the Creative Cloud app
  • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines