• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Myriad Pro

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign tells me that I have one  Type 1 font that won't work after 2023, but it doesn't tell me which font it is.  I do a newletter that  uses Myriad Pro as the main font.  Is this one of the fonts that won't work?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

If your InDesign is version 17.0.1.105 or below it could be that your InDesign is wrong on that.

Could be that you used Type 1 font styles in the past. That history is ingrained in the document's code and the function that should detect the usage of Type 1 font styles in your current texts and styles is wrong.

Should be fixed with InDesign 17.1.0.50 that currently is rolled out world-wide region by region.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myriad pro will be fine.

You may have a font specified in a style that is not in use. To check all the fonts that are actually in use in the file currently use Type > Find Font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @wpbpatfl Myriad Pro is an Open Type font. Myriad (there is a Pro set) is an Adobe Originals that you can activate with your subscription. Myriad | Adobe Fonts.

Many users have Myriad Pro pre-installed by Windows or through any version of MS Office. See if you have both of them working (one installed and one activated). Look in your font folder to find this information:

JainLemos_0-1643304584050.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your InDesign is version 17.0.1.105 or below it could be that your InDesign is wrong on that.

Could be that you used Type 1 font styles in the past. That history is ingrained in the document's code and the function that should detect the usage of Type 1 font styles in your current texts and styles is wrong.

Should be fixed with InDesign 17.1.0.50 that currently is rolled out world-wide region by region.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines