• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mystery line added to PNGs exported out of INDD

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document that has a single TIFF/PSD per page, 35 in total. Each image has been scaled to the others in InDesign, which is why I can't just save out of the original linked files in Photoshop. Each page/image needs to be exported as a PNG with a transparent background. The products have a drop shadow created in the original file. When I export them out of InDesign as jpgs, this issue doesn't arise. But as PNGs, most of the images are exporting with a black line in the drop shadow. Not the same length or width, that changes image to image. I tried several attempts and even which file gets this mystery line seems to randomize.
I checked the usual suspects, looking at the frame and the contents, accidental strokes, I also removed all guides and margins. I tried on a different computer as well. Same crappy result.
Using InDesign 18.0 on an iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021) running Monterey 12.6.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That line looks like it corresponds with the margin. Can you set the margin to 0 an see if it still happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding I thought of that too, so I did put the margins at zero and tried again. Same result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Aron25216856zst9 , Could you share the InDesign page and the placed PSD that are causing the problem? You can just attach the .indd page and .psd to your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I cannot share that stuff as it's work for a client and the images are embargoed. It's also why I cropped those screenshots so tight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will be difficult to troubleshoot without an example. Have you tried exporting a PDF/X-4 and opening the PDF in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The black line doesn't appear when I export an X4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines