• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Naming of layers in multi page document.

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an Indesign newbie, so apologies if this is too simple. Do the layers on different pages have to have unique names.  For example on a page which has two sections I will often name one layer "Left hand section" and the other "Right hand section".  On another page I will do the  same with the same layer names.  Recently I found some of my work on page 1 had disappeared after I deleted a layer on page 2.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layers are document-wide. They cannot be restricted to a single page or spread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Lesson learned!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once you get used to it, you will find this to be a useful feature. For instance, you can place items like headers and page numbers on a top layer on the Master page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines