• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Navigation Arrows InDesign Published Online

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At work we have used InDesign to create a catalog. When we publish the document online it is creating white arrows on the left and right for navigating between pages. We are getting complaints from customers that they can't see the arrows, the arrows shouldn't be white, etc (obviously these are not are most tech savvy customers)-- we are wondering if there is a way to change the look of these arrows or offer another navigation option for our customers that is easier to see.

TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer: no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you using the Adobe Publish Online feature. Or are you using some other service?

Why not put your own navigation buttons directly on the page in InDesign? That way, users can use either method.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we are using the Publish Online Feature.

I wonder if there is a way to disable to default arrows that appear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot disable the white navigation arrows in Publish Online. However, as someone suggested, perhaps it would ease your viewers' concerns if you include other, more visible navigation arrows in the document itself. This could be done with buttons or hyperlinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you creating a catalog in InDesign? Nothing with nothing, because Publish Online is brilliant, but shouldn't you be putting this information on your own website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure we understand what you mean- we used indesign to create a flip book that has been added to our website but was also printed for customer use in store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are better way to accomplish that. Are you using WordPress for the website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea, they have hired someone externally to do the website and I was just asked to find out about this particular issue we are having. We have spent hours creating the catalog in InDesign so at this point creating it again elsewhere isn't really an option and is irrelevant to the question I am asking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you need a platform that you can customize, The link below is for a product that allows you to do what you want to do and more. plus you can export files that you can host yourself or anywhere. I think you should not relay so heavy in a free service for work for clients since that service might go away at some point.

Consider this:

Export HTML5 from InDesign with in5 - Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wasn't work for clients- this was for our company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whichever, the point here is that it seems you want to be able to customize things. and i am sharing with you a product that will allow you to do that. you can still keep everything in indesign, and just export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this helpfull? Just answer the question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is discussion is almost FOUR YEARS OLD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never too late to complain! 

BTW, the question was answered in the first post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not understanding the logic of your posts...

You said "Just answer the question!". The question was answered in the very first post.

What does "So?" mean? You didn't like the answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'So' comment was in reference to @BobLevine saying the post was old. It was @BobLevine 's original post that I was refering to that was not helpful. I am a great believer in these support forums but what I often see are 'you are doing this all wrong' responses that are not helpful, this is the first time I have ever responded to one but I felt the need to get it of my chest. I feel musch better now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, workflow issues are very useful if one takes the time to investigate them. 

Bob's delivery may be a little blunt 😜 but his advice is usually spot on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines