• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help fixing an issue

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone tell me how to fix this please.  I am using InDesign and this small part of the next page is printing throughout my document. 

Thank you! 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us a little more about the setup of your document. Is it printing a bleed? If so, is it pulling in the graphic from the adjacent page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not tech savvy at all lol it is pulling the graphic from the page that follows 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries 🙂 Are you printing directly from InDesign? Within the Print dialog box are multiple sections running down the left hand side. Click on the "Marks and Bleed" section. Is your "Use Document Bleed Settings" option active? If so, does turning it off solve your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks and I am exporting the file from InDesign.  I unchecked the box and the file is still the same 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "exporting" are you creating a PDF? If you aren't sending your file off for professional printing then the bleed does not need to be included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello and yes I am creating a PDF and it is going to a professional printer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are indeed sending this to a professional printer, and it's a saddle-stitch booklet, and you are indeed including bleed in your PDF export (as you should, for full bleed professional printing), this sliver – which is picking up from the facing page – won't be an issue as long as it's beyond the trim of the page. Create your PDF with Trim marks selected, and you will see where the sliver actually is. Professional printers use imposition software that arrange your single page PDFs into printer's signatures/flats, and will actually crop off that sliver anyway as it will be at the fold of the booklet. In that case, what you are seeing in your PDF is actually normal behaviour the way ID is designed right now. I personally would prefer if there was an option to suppress items from facing pages that merely touch the edge (like your photo does) but do not cross over, because these slivers have been known to cause more trouble than one would think (I come from a prepress background), but there ya go. When it would REALLY be an issue, is if you are printing a booklet that's like a coil bound booklet where each sheet is printed just front and back... the sliver may NOT get trimmed off properly and could wind up being seen. Again, professional printers have tools to deal with that, but it'd be nice if ID would take care of that. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your document is set up as facing pages, you can set the inside bleed to zero in the export dialog, ordinarily you don't need to worry about inside bleed (as already mentioned). Zoom in on your spine and confirm the elements are not crossing over onto the facing page, snap them to the exact edge of the page (this is a very common error, in my experience).

Alternately, if your document has two-page spread images, you can shuffle the pages so the color from the facing page won't spill over onto the bleed of the page next to it (create a mix of spread and single pages).

inside bleed.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines