• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help removing this line

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I Remove this line under the last sentence?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

See screenshots of my French version:

Capture d’écran 2022-03-23 à 09.52.29.jpg

Capture d’écran 2022-03-23 à 09.52.10.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Paragraph borders are paragraph attributes, so the text will normally flow in the threaded frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the InDesign forum from Download & Install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a rule below. Check for rules either in the paragraph style options, or in the paragraph panel, or in the dropdown menu of the control panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, can you please elaborate it more? I can't find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See screenshots of my French version:

Capture d’écran 2022-03-23 à 09.52.29.jpg

Capture d’écran 2022-03-23 à 09.52.10.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, got it fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have another problem to get a solution. There's a table, but I can't increase its tab sizes to fill out whole text in the tabs. Please check out the screenshot attached. 

Can you please tell me the technique to manage long paragraphs like these in tabs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you really need to use a table?

Anyway, you can set the cells height like this

Capture d’écran 2022-03-23 à 12.05.16.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Different topics are organized in the table. Is there any other and better way to format it instead of formatting it in a table?

Please check the screenshot I can't go above 211,667 mm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't go above 211,667 mm

Yes, me too. It seems it is the limit…

There are many ways to get the same result:

• you can set up a stroke on the text frame and use rules to get the horizontal line before the last paragrapk
  • you can use paragraph borders

And it will be more easier if you use styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But there are some of the tables and two columns in few topics like the one is highlighted "Lipids"

Please see attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This part could stay as a table, or you can use the split column feature.

Capture d’écran 2022-03-23 à 17.12.08.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can put this text in paragraphs with borders, but how can I keep the connection between text boxes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paragraph borders are paragraph attributes, so the text will normally flow in the threaded frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually imported text from MS Word by placing the document in the text frame. How new bordered paragraphs will be organized in the table. I mean I'm having a problem in keeping the connection between the tables and paragraphs with borders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean I'm having a problem in keeping the connection between the tables and paragraphs with borders.

I ask again the same question: why do you want to use tables? Tables are not designed to build a whole document. You tell that you import the text fom a Word document, so it means that the text is a single story (text frames which are threaded). You can get the same result as on your screenshots without using tables by combining:

• strokes on the text frames
  • rule above or rule below
  • paragraph borders
  • split column (or span column)

But you need to properly setup paragraph styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can still do it by creating new tables between the text frames and separating longer paragraphs with borders, but I want to do it by placing a word document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Is there any way to convert the table imported from word to paragraph styles you just mentioned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, the tables are already buit in the Word document?  I don't know Word very well, but it seems that contrary to InDesign there is no limit to a cell height, that's why you are in trouble with the tables, once imported in the InDesign document.

You can either convert them when you import the Word document, by checking the “show import options” or select the table (once imported), then go to the Table menu > convert to text. In a second step, you will be able to apply any paragraph styles and to mimic the table look.

Forgive me if you think I am rude, but it seems that your InDesign knowledge is far from allowing you to be efficient for this kind of document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines