Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Kindle Direct Publishing Expert: Gradients not showing up correctly

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to fulfill my dream of becoming a children's bilingual book author. I illustrated my pages in AI, exported them as PDFs, and everything looks great when I combine the PDFs into a new file with Adobe Acrobat.

However, when I upload the PDF/X file to Kindle Direct Publishing, my illustrations containing gradients are messed up. Some parts of the illustration are missing color, some have blocks of colors rather than a gradient transition, and some are void of color altogether. I don't know what else to do. It looks great in Overprint Preview, and also looks good when I export it as a PDF. However, when I get it back from Amazon/KDP's PDF preview, color chunks of the image are missing. 

I've done the following:
-Raster at 300ppi
-CMYK color
-Flattened the AI file
-Made sure no images were needing embedding

-Rasterized the whole file before exporting to PDF

I was in the AI community forum, and they sent me over here for Kindle self publishing help. 

Please help. I am so close to finishing my book.

TOPICS
Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey - you already have a post here - please it is best to keep one post per topic so it's not confusing. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/gradients-on-images-not-exporting-to-pdf-corr...

I've locked this converstaion.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines