• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to convert PageMaker files

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have Indd CS6 currently installed? I'm needing to convert 2 files only. Please help. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reaching out. You may upload the files on the Creative Cloud(or any other cloud service) and share the link on DM with me. I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reaching out. You may upload the files on the Creative Cloud(or any other cloud service) and share the link on DM with me. I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat.   I have 4 pagemaker documents (Pool Heater Installation Manuals) that haven't needed to be edited for 18 years!  The product never changed, which is amazing.  But now, our certification company is telling us that if we want to keep selling pool heaters in Canada,, they need to be translated to French. 8 years ago I could open PageMaker files in InDesign,, so I didn't think it was a big deal. Today I cannot. Argh.  And I can't find my old CS6 round-shiny-things to save my life.

Help!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What system are you on now? and do you have access to an older system?

Failing that, I can do a quick convert for you, but you will have to deal with the reflow, graphic links issues and font issues that are sure to happen.

-Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows.  We have two CCSuites here and all the latest everything.  I myself have never used PageMaker,, but converting them wasn't much of a problem 10 years ago.  

I can fix any broken links and font issues.    I attached one of the .pmd's    but the .p65's won't attach.   

-H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll likely need to send them via a dropbox/google drive link. If you want to keep them private, send to me via a DM. I can advise from there.

-Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also available to help

Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I have a few files from my 98 yo grandmother. She wrote a book years ago and only kept it in a PM6 format.  I have a tough time keeping up with her and he love of tech. I hate to impose, is there a service that will do this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jason23422323d76t There aren't alot of places that do this anymore, outside of questionable people on sites like fivvr. That being said, there are a few people here that can do it... myself included. I can convert to InDesign, or simply make a PDF of the file as is. Depends on what you want to do with it. The PDF is easier as there won't be any reformatting necessary, assuming all fonts and graphics are available, but if you are into reworking it in ID, I can do a simple convert for you if you have the wherewithal to deal with the inevitable reformatting, etc. Regardless, having a PDF of the original is really good for reference to rebuild your ID file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines