• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need to lower CMYK images from 300 to 240 for Ingram spark

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a kids book that the pages are  60% black and the rest have a white background.It is about being scared in the dark with a dark picture of an animal and the next page shows you the animal on a white page.  Using photoshop I moved each page to indeign using cmyk.  I did custom in indesign and changed it from 300 to 240 and then checked it in color seperations.  It is giving me a total of 295.  How to I lower it to 240.  I went back to one page in photoshop and did custom and changed the black to 240 and it still came out 295. Acrobat pro is also giving me 295. What do I do? Thanks,

Jen

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @bumples5 , this question has come up before because Ingram’s color guide conflicts with itself—they recommend PDF/X-1a using the default US Web SWOP CMYK profile as the destination, which allows 300% total ink, but at the same time request that total ink not exceed 240%. They likely mean that you should not make InDesign "Rich Black" CMYK swatch builds that exceed 240%, but that’s not explicit.

For images, total ink is limited on a CMYK color conversion by the destination CMYK profile. Profiles that limit total ink to 240% or less are normally for uncoated or newsprint sheets, and you wouldn’t want to run a newsprint CMYK separation on a coated sheet if you care about the printed color appearance.

Here’s a Photoshop doc filled with 0|0|0 RGB black, and you can see the change in the Info panel’s Total Ink readout when I change the working CMYK space:

Screen Shot 14.pngScreen Shot 15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines