• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to print RTL for a Japanese booklet

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can a booklet be printed so the binding is on the right side and the page numbers start at the 'back' from page one?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need the CJK (or ME) version of InDesign to access that feature in the interface (the US/Euro version supports it, but you can't get to it). Let me check and see if I can prep a document that has the intital set up RTL pages and send to you. Or someone in the forums may be able to. Do you need the text on each page to be threaded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you're setting Japanese text, you'll need various typographic settings that are otherwise not available. You can download these templates for a Paragraph Style you can modify, and also frames for vertical text. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfdkfghk1mahv28/TransPac_AsianText_templates.zip?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much.

Do you need the text on each page to be threaded?

Not this time. In this booklet each page contains images only. So, all I need for now is for the layout to print the page numbers properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's your file with RTL pages 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m89qgrlgz1mml5m/AAC5CY8haPaD87Q6vMxsRaq5a?dl=0

LMK if you have issues downloading. Or using. And if you can show us what your doing, that's always fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And so "Edit reply" doesn't seem to be working... Safari Mac.

"And if you can show us what you're doing..."

Can't help it. 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll let you know asap but it may take a bit of time. Normally I use MS Publisher and afik, there is no way. This will be my first time ID.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines