• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to remove Adobe Stock search bar in InDesign App

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- I need to remove the Adobe Stock search bar. If I click that search box, I see that Adobe Stock and Adobe Help.

Adobe_Stock_and_Help.png

Is there any way to remove those options in InDesign preferences file or through extendscript? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No you cannot remove them.

Why would you want to remove them?

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are giving Adobe InDesign exam to candidates so, they can use the search bar to see the answers or it may confuse the candidate. So, trying to hide or remove the search bar. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my take on that kind of thing...if they don't know what they're doing, they won't even know what to search for.

I'd rather hire someone who knows how to find an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi itsgowtham:

I agree with Bob. Being able to locate answers is a critical skill, particularly because InDesign is an enormous program and even those who know it at an expert level probably don't know everything.

Two more thoughts:

1. if it is a timed test, they won't have time to look up every single answer if they don't have a solid base of knowledge and
  2. if you are pulling questions from online resources like the InDesign Help Topics, be sure to change up the wording a bit so that so that it isn't quite as easy to match your question with the online answer.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everyone's different, some people point and click all day while others are incredibly effecient. Screen realestate is valuable and for years I've been wishing I could get rid of it.

If you don't need anything on that bar, why have it - right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines