• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to validate pdf objects like image, tables, boxes as per expected or not

Explorer ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are looking for tool which can validate inside the pdf we need to validate wheather the graphics moved to out of the box or tables or images anything if moving out of the page.

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Import and export , InCopy workflow , Performance , Print , Publish online , Scripting , SDK , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming that you're talking about a PDF file which was created with InDesign. And I'm also assuming you're trying to validate linked images in the original InDesign file from which the PDF was created. I don't believe that's possible. PDF doesn't contain information about the structure and linkages in the InDesign files from which it was created. You would have to view the InDesign file itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your valuable information

we are creating pdf file through indesign only. but user does not have the indesign user wanted to know the placed image,table are properly placed in the pdf or not 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for that we need tool to validate in pdf images are not going beyond the boundry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot think of a way that could be done. But I'll never say never: A clever scripter might be able to develop something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

First of all, you need to understand that PDF is an optimized format designed to be distributed as is. That is to say, that when an object is hidden (overflowing, out of page bounds…), it's not brought to the PDF as those invisible contents are just removed from the PDF data.

So no, you can't count on PDF to report contents that were "hidden" at the layout stage with InDesign.

That said, it could be that some PDF creators let some content out of the page bounds (visible but outside of the page bounds), and you could use Preflight apps such as Enfocus PitStop to detect them.

But for anything that is not visible inside InDesign, it won't be part of the PDF Structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines