Nepali text backwords with World Composer.

Participant ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried every suggestion in other Nepali text posts, but I either have the problem with the "quote" marks not showing correctly, or the text is backwards if I use World-Ready Composer paragraph style.

- Pasting or Placing from Word makes no difference.
- Turning off "Typographers Quotes" did not help.

I suspect there is a problem with more recent versions of InDesign, since it worked for people a couple years ago?

Original in Word

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 10.22.07 AM.png

Text Placed in InDesign

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 10.22.18 AM.png
Placed in InDesign with World-Ready Composer applied
Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 10.22.56 AM.png

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rosenh ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestion shared here https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/copy-and-pasting-nepali-foreign-languages-from-w... and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, those suggestions did not help.  World-ready makes the characters read correctly, but the text is all backwards.  World-ready works great for Arabic, which reads right-to-left.   

Changing the language to Hindi did not help either.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I've tried every font anyone has suggested, no difference.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines