• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New color palette conflates two modes

Explorer ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ID 2019: Suddenly, out of the blue, I'm unable to create a new CMYK color, using the New Color feature in the Swatches palette. The palette is showing elements of the CMYK "dialup" palette, and a list of Pantone colors. I've quit and restarted the app, but the problem persists. When I typed in a value in the Cyan box and hit Tab to go to M, the app crashed. I can create a CMYK color in the Color palette and drag it over into the Swatches palette, but that seems, um, inconvenient.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

I fear losing all my preferences

Usually interface glitches are from corrupted caches, so always try trashing your Saved Caches before before resetting Preferences.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/reset-indesign-preferences-and-other-troubleshooting/td-p/11990234

macOS:

User > Library > Caches > Adobe InDesign > Version X > en_US >

Windows 10/11:

Users > AppData > Local > Adobe > InDesign > Version X > en_US > Caches >

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not. I thought of that but a) I'm not sure how to do that, b) I fear losing all my preferences (the way ID operates by default is really irksome, and the last time I did that it look a long time to reset everything); and c) I don't feel I should have to do that every so often (but acknowledge that might be the only solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

See here: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html Scroll down untill you see video-clip thumbnails. They tell how you can back up your preferences, then reset...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fear losing all my preferences

Usually interface glitches are from corrupted caches, so always try trashing your Saved Caches before before resetting Preferences.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/reset-indesign-preferences-and-other-troubleshoo...

macOS:

User > Library > Caches > Adobe InDesign > Version X > en_US >

Windows 10/11:

Users > AppData > Local > Adobe > InDesign > Version X > en_US > Caches >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant, Rob, that did the trick. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines