• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Indesign not compatible

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have a question with Indesign not working on some of my students laptops - Macbook Air 2017, Macbook Pro 2107. How do they find the Indesign old version that will work on their laptops - is it still available on Creative Cloud - please advise Thank you 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. MacBook Air 2017 should be compatible with the latest version of InDesign. I check on paper it meets all the system requirements to install the InDesign 2022 & 2021. If macOS Mojave is installed on the Macbook, then you may ask the student to update to macOS Catalina at least. Then InDesign should be available to install in Creative Cloud. I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ava,

for a brand new install of Creative Cloud through the Creative Cloud Desktop App only InDesign 2021 and the brand new InDesign 2022 is available. You say "student laptops". Are the machines owned by the students? Or are they managed by the IT department of your faculty, school etc. ?

For some tasks, especially updating the operating system, one needs admin rights I think.

See also what is required for Creative Cloud 2021 or 2022:

Operating system support guidelines for Creative Cloud apps
Last updated on Oct 26, 2021
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/operating-system-guidelines.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines