Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Pantone V4 swatch Libraries 2019

Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you answer this question?
Does the new  Pantone Metallic, Solid Coated, Solid UncoatedV4 swatch libraries contain all the old and the new swatches?
Can we replace the V3 Libraries with the new V4 ? Or do we need both?

Amybeth M
ACI G7 Certified Expert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get a reply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No but I think they do 

Amybeth M
ACI G7 Certified Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roger, not sure if @Amybeth M. ACI G7  is still following, but the Pantone Libraries that are installed with InDesign haven’t changed since CS6 (2012). I think the next version of InDesign will no longer install Pantone’s libraries—it will be up to you to save the .acb files from an older version and install them in the new version’s Presets folder.

You have to get the new Pantone Connect extension in order to access their most recent swatches. Pantone states in the extension’s FAQ, the current colors can be added to the ID swatches panel using the free basic version of the extension, but I’m not seeing that—last I checked you have to purchase a subscription in order to get the swatches or their values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not up on the versioning of the various Pantone libraries, but I have both the old Pantone libraries (original?) and the newer Pantone Plus libraries installed. 

According to this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/new-pantone-plus-digital-libraries.html

The Plus libraries have all the colors of the previous libraries. 

"The PANTONE PLUS Series is an enhancement to the PANTONE Matching System and retains all of the previously existing PANTONE Matching System colors."

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Plus libraries have all the colors of the previous libraries.

Hi David, The .acb libraries have not been updated since 2012. For awhile Pantone offered the Pantone Color Manger app, which let you export new .acb files, but they have replaced the app with the Pantone Connect extension. A few years back I exported the version 3 library and it has 500 or so new colors—e.g. PANTONE 3514 is not in the PANTONE + .acb file that ships with ID.

Screen Shot 50.pngScreen Shot 51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still following, and I continue to just have multilple Coated and Uncoated Libraries in my enterprise applications. This way when legacy Photoshop files open designers do not have to point to a differnt color library. One less thing to explain in the workflow. Previously with the purchase of many Pantone chip/ fan  books, can licsenses for Pantone  Color Manager which you are no longe able to export new color books/ or ase files from. We are waiting to make a decision on Pantone connetct but Pantone has not made any final announcemt on what they are doing. 

Amybeth M
ACI G7 Certified Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I thought it was obvious that I was just quoting the webpage. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines