Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

New version of Adobe won't open older files

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several versions of Indesign accumulated on my PC, so I uninstalled the oldest ones. I am now runnning InDesign 2021... but cannot open files created with older versions (I think 2019). They all show with a pdf icon, they don't open directly and I can't open them from InDesign... WHat can I do to open my documents and keep working on them with the 2021 version?

It's a bit mad! 

If I had known, I wouldn;t have uninstalled older versions...

Can someone help? Thank you?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the InDesign forum so that proper help can be offered.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a file association problem. Somehow your INDD files are associated with Acrobat. Change it in your operating system (which you didn't indicate).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To reset the file associations for InDesign and any other Creative Cloud apps both for Windows and Mac see: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/file-associations-broken-uninstall-applications.html.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines