• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No break certain words

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set up certain words with No Break? For example, the name of the company, I don't want to hyphenate but it is. I know I can set up a character style to correct it but I was hoping to set up the word to NEVER break. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Create a character style with only No Break set. In the Paragraph style settings, create a GREP style. Select your character style, but instead of any grep code, type the word(s) in that field.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

You can also add the company name in the user dictionary (Edit menu > spelling > user Dictionary). Add the name and insert a tilde before it.

Capture d’écran 2021-11-10 à 16.32.16.jpg

More details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/spell-checking-language-dictionaries.html

and see the “Add words to dictionaries” section

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a character style with only No Break set. In the Paragraph style settings, create a GREP style. Select your character style, but instead of any grep code, type the word(s) in that field.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also add the company name in the user dictionary (Edit menu > spelling > user Dictionary). Add the name and insert a tilde before it.

Capture d’écran 2021-11-10 à 16.32.16.jpg

More details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/spell-checking-language-dictionaries.html

and see the “Add words to dictionaries” section

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great! Can I also add it to a document? I am creating a template for others to use. Can I add it to the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can add the word to the document dictionary OR merge your user dictionary into the document (under preferences).

BTW, note that multiple-word company names won't work in the dictionary. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines