• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No documents visible after updating to INDD 16.4 today

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest version of INDD, 16.4, and can't see either a new blank page or open a saved layout. 

I can go through the steps of opening a document but it doesn't appear--neither do the tools, windows, etc. that would usually frame the layout. When I quit INDD, I got a dialog box asking if I wanted to save the file I tried to open, so perhaps it was invisibly open somewhere. Suggestions?

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling 16.4, as well as restarting my machine, and nothing works. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Thank you both for the suggestions. The problem is solved although I don't know why. The next day when I opened INDD I was able to open new and old documents without any trouble. We can call this resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete InDesign’s preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Unfortunately, deleting preferences didn't work. I also found suggestion in another thread to go to INDD preferences/general, and select Use Legacy "New Document" Dialog, which also did not work.

I forgot to say that I am working on a MacBook Pro from 2019 and the operating system is Mojave 10.14.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think you should update the Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the suggestion given by Willi, I'd request you to try the troubleshooting steps shared on this community post & let us know if they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for the suggestions. The problem is solved although I don't know why. The next day when I opened INDD I was able to open new and old documents without any trouble. We can call this resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines