• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No possibility to save INDesign-file in text- or RTF-file.

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

contrary to the explanation of Adobe, I don't get under "save as" or "export" the possibility of saving as text-file or rtf-file indicated. I use InDesign 15.1.3.

Do you know why?

Thank you in advance,

Christine

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

There's a third-party script that might help you – TextExporter.

TextExporter 4 can export all the stories of an InDesign document into a single file.

Supported output file formats: Rich Text Format (RTF; InDesign Tagged Text; Text.

https://www.rorohiko.com/wordpress/indesign-downloads/textexporter-4/?fbclid=IwAR0mGcHtR723Jox4oe5Dqqideoq9r_b40niDQXOU6rkUt5n0THiDW8uxLmI

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Please show screenshots showing your cursor in a text frame and the choices you see. This is what I get with the file > export command.

2021-02-01_9-47-12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only do it on a story level so your cursor must be live in a text frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

thank you for your answer! But no chance. Also if the corsor is in the text frame no possibility. On my colleague's computer, under "export" "only text" and "RTF -file" is displayed under other format possibilitys. On my computer this two choices are missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a third-party script that might help you – TextExporter.

TextExporter 4 can export all the stories of an InDesign document into a single file.

Supported output file formats: Rich Text Format (RTF; InDesign Tagged Text; Text.

https://www.rorohiko.com/wordpress/indesign-downloads/textexporter-4/?fbclid=IwAR0mGcHtR723Jox4oe5Dq...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show screenshots showing your cursor in a text frame and the choices you see. This is what I get with the file > export command.

2021-02-01_9-47-12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your support!

Good to now about the Script. I will test it.

And after several crashes und restarts I got the text-file!

There were font problems with the file I was working on (report for a customer who sent me fonts that were supposedly free – several crashes when text chaining). To find out if it's because of this file, I tried saving another text file. And what can I say, in fact, the two possibilities have now appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines