• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No spacing between words

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to InDesign and I have to admit, I really hate this program so far. I knew there would be a learning curve, and I have watched tutorials etc., but I am not a fan. One issue that I cannot seem to resolve is that there are randomly no spaces between words when justified. There is no inconsistency in terms of font types or paragraph types, and I didn't copy and paste the text from elsewhere-it was typed directly into the document. Some paragraphs are fine, and then several are not. I am sure it is an easy fix but nothing I have read online and in this forum has helped. Any guidance is appreciated, thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What line composer are you using: single or paragraph?

Are hyphenations on or off?

What is the minimum word spacing setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to this forum

InDesign is a professional publishing application with, as you know, a steep learning curve. If you want to use it you need to be prepared to devote a considerable amount of time to learning it. Linkedin Learning have a number of step-by-step video tutorials and you can get 30-days free access. And, of course, you can return to the forum with specific questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, of course, you should probably turn on hidden characters in the type menu to be sure there really are spaces typed there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Justified text word spacing is handled by the paragraph format’s Justification and Hyphenation settings. Might help to show a screen capture of your text.

The defaults with Hyphenation turned off:

Screen Shot 30.png

Adjusted with Hyphenation turned on:

Screen Shot 29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines