• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

non-deleteable greyed out pages in large document

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some pages in my 500 page book suddenly turned grey and export as blanks (see pic). I can't delete them, as In-design crashes every time. I have also tried to delete the preferences and exported the file as IDML, neither have worked. Any suggestions? Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 12.03.21.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try and move sections of the doc to new, empty docs? That's a big doc too, you might consider breaking it into chapers and using the ID Book function. I use that for docs of over 50 pages. Less chance of corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the specs of your system, the exact OS version, and the exact ID version?

If you message me a shared link* through the forums, I'll be happy to try to open it on my system. 

*Package the file into the Creative Cloud folder and share the link when it is down uploading.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kathrin,

obviously your document is damaged. Severely.

What you can try:

Duplicate pages from this document to a new one.

Only duplicate the pages that are showing a white background in "Normal" viewing mode.

Don't try this with pages we can see in your screenshot.

If this will not help:

Copy the contents of the pages to a new document.

Spread by spread.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines