• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object opacity not working in InDesign 18.0

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've opened and saved a file from the previous version. A master page item was set to opacity = 25%. Althought the opacity still says 25, it is solid and blocking out other times. I tried reducing the opacity. nothing. I even set it to 0. - No difference. I restarted indesign and the computer itself. - no difference. 

Anyone know what might be causing this? -- it was working fine before, but now.... nothing. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Steve,

I should have checked that before posting. I am not sure what was causing it or what "fixed" it, but today there is no issue. I didn't even shutdown last night. -- Thanks for your suggestions anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen only with this file or with more than one file?

If a single file, there may be corruption. Try saving as IDML (File > Save As > InDesign CS4 or Later {IDML). Reopen the IDML file.

I more than one file, try restoring your InDesign preferences and caches. Here's how:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

I should have checked that before posting. I am not sure what was causing it or what "fixed" it, but today there is no issue. I didn't even shutdown last night. -- Thanks for your suggestions anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad the problem fixed itself!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines