Obtaining a space prior to text in a excel row for a VDP field

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am running a VDP task at the moment and are requiring to add a field after some static text, followed by a comma. Hence if there is no variable data, the comma follows the text. But if there is variable text, I need a space after the last static piece of text then the variable, followed by the comma.

Below is the result that I am trying to accieve-: 'passed all of the prescribed examinations, has been .....' with no variable text or 'passed all of the prescribed examinations with merit, has been .....' where with merit is the variable which sometimes exists and sometimes does not.

I need to format the cell within Excel and this is what I am struggling with.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried preceding the non-null data in your data set with the required space, so it is part of the data? That means the data shoukld look like either "null" or "[space]with merit"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines