• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One job replaces another

Contributor ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A really wierd thing happened this week: So I'm working on a document with several tabbed ones open at the same time (each with a different title and folder) when I suddenly find that almost the entirety of text and images go missing – not deliberately deleted or anything – and that another open document is completely replaced by the current one's text and graphics. It really freaked me out, but thank God, I have multiple back-ups on various drives so was easily retrievable. Has anyone else ever come across this?

Not even sure what I did but what I do know is this has never happened before. All thoughts welcome.

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?
How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have on your system?

Have you tried resetting the InDesign preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back, Derek. ID snd OS Big Sur latest versions. 16Gb RAM and 45Gb HD space. I'll try the Preferences route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Releasing a bit more spare hard disk may also help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think you're right. Should really be doing this on my Imac. In the middle of decorating my studio, so it's  in storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

could be a bug with InDesign 16.2.1 to 16.3.2 for Macs.

We already had something like this in the forum:

Text layer disappears every time I stop typing. Reappears when I start typing again.
akogan0716, Jul 02, 2021

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/text-layer-disappears-every-time-i-stop-typing-reappears-whe...

No solution yet…

Are you using two monitors at the same machine?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laubender, appreciate you getting back.

I'll have a look at that link. No just a 2019 MacBook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We have launched Adobe InDesign 16.4 recently with multiple bug fixes and performance improvement.

Please update your app to the latest version. Let us know if you still have any issues. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines