Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Online copy editing release?

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody!

the Bolgpost below states that online copy editing will be released in 2021. It sounds like it could solve a lot of issues with InCopy workflows. I can't find the feature. Is it already released? If not: do you know a planned release date? How is the experience in the Beta?

Adobe support told me in December that the feature will be released January 15th. We had a team ready for testing the feature. If the feature won't be released, we need to invest heavily in server hardware. Please let us know an approximate timeline. Thank you!

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2020/10/20/adobe-indesign-online-copy-editing-coming-2021#gs.n2qf9...

TOPICS
InCopy workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that development will take a good deal longer than you were promised by Adobe Support (which seems to be out of the loop). In the MAX announcement in October, it said that release would be "in 2022." It's a new feature which has to go through Alpha and Beta testing before release. Adobe never pre-announced development dates far in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just looked at the date of the blog post..very old. The newer announcement made at MAX 2021 said release in "2022." These things often get delayed for numberous reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 is nearly over. The beta text sign up form link still exists but when filled out it dosn't seem to submit. No mention of it was made in this year's MAX. Is this feature still in development?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't usually give detailed predictions to its users of features in progress.

I'm a member of the InDesign Prerelease program and I am under NDA which prevents me from sharing what I may know about such features. You could apply to become a member of InDesign Prerelease. They are needed to provide good feedback on the development of the product.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/invitation-to-indesign-prerelease/m-p/12371924

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking just for text editing or also moving objects around?

â–’â–º ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard â—„â–’

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text editing is what I need despretly right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 on this.

Announced in 2020. Scheduled for 2021. We're almost in 2023 and the trail has gone cold.

C'mon Adobe! Any updates on this? Should we give up hope, or it still in the works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's now the last day of February--any word yet, Adobe? I literally had a big discussion about my editor's frustrations about how long it takes to get edits done because she cannot edit the text herself and interrupts the process of my other workload (which I do not mind). Help! This would be such a magnificent upgrade to Adobe InDesign workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not talking to Adobe on this forum, most of us are just users like you. In general, Adobe doesn't preannounce dates of software releases. If you were a member of InDesign Prerelease sometimes there are be confidential discussions of software development but those are not for the public. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see that I replied to the wrong thread. No problem. I think that InCopy is the solution we are all looking for, I just realized--after searching more of Adobe's content. Thank you anyway for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's 2024 and this feature is yet to be released. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct. It has not made the cut yet. InCopy is your best bet. It's included with an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to just edit text - with not a too complicated formatting - you just need a solution that will export text to an online database / CMS + online WYSIWYG editor + import back.

Handy would be preview generated on demand from InDesign and uploaded to the website. 

Been there, done that. 

â–’â–º ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard â—„â–’

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have an InCopy workflow that's been great but with a lot of hand-holding: "open finder/file explorer, you know, where all your files are. Look for the folder called Creative Cloud...you just installed it when you installed InCopy...." But in the last few months last year, strange things started to happen: some links had to be relinked from the original/same folder, native Photoshop/Illustrator files went missing, and (GASP!) my 106-page native InDesign file went missing. Found it somewhere in a deleted folder on the Adobe sync files cloud thing (Thanks Adobe Gods!). I'm now working on a conference program that'll be about 250 pages and will have to be multiple files held in a book file. Saved that to OneDrive because of Adobe's, "No more synching files for you!" notice. But now I have to save the book file every time I open it (I just "save as" the same name). I have to relink files from a different folder that's never been moved and will have to explain how to access files on OneDrive. No biggie but I just got everyone used to Creative Cloud files. 

Online Copy Editing could be a godsend! Just send the link and voila! No one would delete a file "accidentally." Illustrator and Photoshop have had major updates multiple times but InDesign feels like the Adobe stepchild.

Whatever. it's not like Adobe listens. And yes, I'm frustrated because I have to get this done in a month and have yet to receive content. Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want my $0.02, I'll be shocked if this online editing ever happens so what I think you need to do is start a new discussion with full details of your InCopy workflow issues.

But before you do, make sure the cloud-only option is NOT enabled in OneDrive on any machine involved in the workflow. That in itself can fix a whole lot of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines