Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Online Publish - Hosted by Adobe

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.
I want to create an online publish with indesign. Now a special url is created for that, which is hosted by Adobe. But what if I decide to close my creative cloud account in the future? Can this document continue to run under the same url without any problems? Which is important voor my custumer to know.

Thanks,
Laurens

TOPICS
How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

As Bob said, Publish Online is connected to that specific URL, which is branded by Adobe. That is your sole option using the Publish Online capabilities within InDesign.

If you're doing this job for a commercial client, this may or may not be an issue.

You can widely distribute your client's online product, with Adobe's URL and Adobe's branding, to provide rich-content digital documents. But lots of companies would hesitate distributing any documentation that has any corporate branding but i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bob said, Publish Online is connected to that specific URL, which is branded by Adobe. That is your sole option using the Publish Online capabilities within InDesign.

If you're doing this job for a commercial client, this may or may not be an issue.

You can widely distribute your client's online product, with Adobe's URL and Adobe's branding, to provide rich-content digital documents. But lots of companies would hesitate distributing any documentation that has any corporate branding but its own. Personally, I would. That's why I don't use Publish Online. There are other options though. While it's not as robust as Publish Online, you can perhaps distribute your digital products through interactive PDFs which can be named with your client's branding and hosted/distributed through your client's regular website and email production systems. Another option is to consider third party solutions: a couple I'd recommend are Ajar Production's in5 digital publishing solutions, which you can learn more about by following this link, or if you'd prefer hosted flipbook solutions, you may want to consider using Issuu, which you can find more information through this link.

There are others, but these two options will give you a good idea of what's available for the work you want to provide to your client. And, if Adobe branding isn't an issue for your client, Publish Online does provide an excellent and portable option for digital publishing.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you Randy for your detailed and clear message. I can definitely do something with this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines