Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only 1 file exporting at a time

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I export a lot of seperate files on a weekly basis. Up until recently when I exported files, 3 would work simultaneously, while the rest would queue. Now, 1 file exports at a time while the rest queues, which has slowed my workflow down, consideberly.

Any help in rectifying this would be appreciated.

Thanks !!

Indesign V6.1

Run On 27' iMac Late 2015

OS X  12.1

i7 4Gh quad core

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a little clarification to understand your issue: You list your InDesign version as "V6.1". It couldn't really be version 6.1 because that would be ancient and would not run on Monterrey. Do you mean 16.1? Since there are many formats which InDesign can export, what file format are you exporting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response. Yes I'm running indesign version 16.1 apologies for the typo.

Im exporting my files as PDF's (see attached pics)

I have not changed any setting from when it worked exporting multiples before.

I'm thinking it the OS upgrade Big Sur to Monterey as that's the only thing that's changed 

Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 22.43.58.png

Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 22.45.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know of no changes that have been made in the Background Tasks feature of InDesign since that feature was added in InDesign CS5. I tried to test it myself but the files I work with create PDF so fast that they never spend but a few seconds in the queue before finishing. (I tested with 16.4, the current InDesign version for InDesign 2021, so you might try updating to the latest version of that release.) I actualy use version 17.1 the current version of InDesign 2022 but I tested in the older version.

You could also try restoring your InDesign preferences to see if that makes any difference. 

Best I can suggest, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I have upgraded InDesign to latest version & reset preferences

Unfortunately the issue is still happening. I thank you for your help.

If anyone else has any ideas? or has encountered the same issues, I hope we can get a fix.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey! 

Did you find a solution to this? I have the same problem. Indesign is at latest version and I have a mac mini m1 with monterey.
I was using my old imac with catalina up untill few days ago and didn't have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm still experiencing the same problem. I've since bought a 2021 14" MBP with m1 pro chip. After installing indesign on that system I still only get one background task working, super annoying and silly issue has crippled my work flow. Best of luck with it !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes i am just now encountering the same issue. It was fine yesterday exporting like 3 at a time, and now today, it will only do one at a time! GRRRRR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines