• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only one layer will show at a time in InDesign

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several Indesign documents that I use as templates. I replace the links, change the colors and then export as jpgs. Each document has multiple layers. I turn layers off and on as I need them to create the jpgs. Then all of a sudden, all the layers hide and only one layer will show at a time. The only remedy I have found is to close the document and reopen it. Any ideas on why this is happening and how to stop it?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all the documents or just a particular document? If just one, then probably the document is corrupt, export it to IDML and then resave it as an INDD file. This should help correct the corruption in the document.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This behavior is normal if you hold down the option/alt key. Check if your keyboard is free and working fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I think I am probably accidently holding down the alt key. Once done is there a way to undo it without closing the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alt/Option clicking TOGGLES between showing one layer and showing all layers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines