Only using black ink in Indesign

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I would like to print a file in black and formatted this by only using black in InDesign. Now it indicates in Adobe Acrobat that I did use CMY, eventhough this has been converted. The file also indicates that I have overprint, but I turned it off in InDesign. Does anyone know how I can get my file printed in black?

Greetings Sade

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A PDF generated from Indesign uses Registration ink for crops and targets. Registration is made up of all process inks CMYK and spot inks. Even if art in file is exclusively 100% black, CMY will show up in Output preview as inks used.

In Acrobat, you can use the preflight profile to convert all colors to grayscale.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your respond! I changed it in Acrobat and now it only uses black and white!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also export directly to grayscale by setting the Destination to a Gray profile

Screen Shot 5.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen if you export using one of the default PDF/X presets?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it happens when I use a PDF/X preset. I used PDF/X-1a:2001.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines