• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opacity Issues with Placed Items

Contributor ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experience a potential bug where items that are placed with 100% opacity are appearing to have lowered opacity. After playing around a bit, I noticed that it happens when I change the display performance to high quality. 

Details:

This is a CMYK document intended for print. The blue and black swoop is an .ai file in CMYK, and the image underneath is a high resolution photograph. 

Why is this happening? Is it a bug, or is there a way to fix it? I like to work in high quality display so I can see what the finished product actually going to look like, but this is infuriating. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

You  should also check that you don't have a blend mode like Multiply applied to the .ai file

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be a black overprint issue. Check the Illustrator file and make sure that black shape is not set to overprint.

In Illustrator, Windows > Attribute > Overprint Fill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered set the Edit > Transparency Blendspace > to RGB? Later, when you export the PDF, you can choose a CMYK destination.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You  should also check that you don't have a blend mode like Multiply applied to the .ai file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You hit the nail on the head my friend. The black element was indeed set to the multiply blend mode. 

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines