• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening a document

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I try opening a document in In design, and it shuts up the whole program every time... we tried on 2 different other Cpu and it works... what do you think? I tried desintall and reinstal indesign but not much sucess

Tks

TOPICS
How to , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Mac, both PC, or one of each? Have you tried resetting preferences? Do other files open without problems?

Ar you willing to share the file so others can try to open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is on a Mac with M1 and it's working on a mac with intel.. and the 2nd used is a PC. The doc is a 400 pages book, I'll put a wetranfer file on aother reply in 2 minutes.. if you want to try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://we.tl/t-R8jSaFjL1k

Try it and we'll see! tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences is resetted... but still same problem...??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences is a reading of a tea leaves. Needs to wait M1 CPU users here that test this file. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tks George, I know, the problem is probably coming from 12 inches from the screen!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carl,

downloaded your InDesign document and tried to open it with InDesign 17.1.0.50 on my German Windows 10 machine.

InDesign crashed. Then I tried to open a copy of the InDesign document. With that option InDesign indicated a damaged file and issued a message in German like that:

OPEN-COPY-FileDamaged-Message-German.PNG

"… Should the file be repaired? If so the file must be processed on one of our servers."

I denied this for now.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines