• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenType properties error in template

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the free Minimalist Annual Report template in Indesign. When I copy and paste text elements from other InDesign documents into the new template, the text gets highlighted with the error message: OpenType properties are not applicable. 

Why? It's applicable in recent InDesign documents but not the template? I've used the character formatting and set it to default, but that hasn't worked. The font is available in the drop-down menu.

Dayna0D4D_0-1674424985558.pngDayna0D4D_1-1674425209004.png

Dayna0D4D_2-1674425291292.png

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the documents I have no idea. I will say this, I have yet to see one of these free templates that hasn't been so dumbed down that it's even worth using. You can try saving the template as an IDML file, opening that, resaving as an INDD document and then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did have one other thought. Perhaps try using paste without formatting when going from one document to the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines