Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Orange that appears turquoise

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Forgive my English which is not perfect. 

I'm working on InDesign 2021.

I made the last update today.

I continued to work on my file as usual. I didn't do anything special. But suddenly, all my orange colors appeared turquoise. When I go on the orange's details, the code is right, I even see the orange color, but on the file itself everything is turquoise. 

I have the same problem with others colors, but not all of them! Big mystery for me.

What is the problem? What can I do?

Thank you very much for your help!!

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot… The little panel says that the color is not for print. But even if I click on it to resolve the problem, it dosen't change the turquoise color…

Screenshot InDesign problem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm the Colour Profile you have loaded?

Some indications here Manage color in InDesign (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Try ckicking on the warning symbol to see if it resolves your issue.

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai du mal à comprendre l'intérêt de travailler avec un nuancier en TSL alors que la capture d'écran indique aussi « quadrichromie »

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m assuming STL translated is InDesign’s new HSB mode color picker? So the type could be either Process or Spot, but that should not turn the chosen orange into green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color management settings would not change a color as dramatically as what you are showing. Maybe try resetting your Caches and Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen if you change the Mode from HSB to RGB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your answers.

@Eric Dumas  I'm not sure my response is the good one : when I go on editing > colors, the parameter is "Emuler Adobe InDesign 2.0 - SGC desactivated". Is it what you're asking ? I remember that before my udpate, it wasn't that preferences. But I can't find back what it was… Maybe you have a solution ? 

@Mike Bro As I explained it with the screenshot, I did and it doesn't do anything.

@rob day Before resetting, I'd rather try another solution. The work I did on the colors is big. My document is for printing, I can't go to RGB.

GOOD NEW :

@jmlevy Thank you for the headsup… By cliking sur "ton direct", I find the orange back!

BUT, my whole document has dull colors… wether it's text, colors, or pictures I added.

From the beginning it's a document meant to be printed A4. I know I can't have the shining colors that RGB gives. But I didn't have these dull colors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the parameter is "Emuler Adobe InDesign 2.0 - SGC desactivated

Cela signifie qu'il n'y a aucune gestion des couleurs, c'est à éviter. Il faut choisir un espace de travail RVB et un pour le CMJN, en fonction des contraintes d'impression.

My document is for printing, I can't go to RGB.

Et bien, il faut choisir des couleurs en CMJN…

By cliking sur "ton direct", I find the orange back!

Mais ça ne règle pas le problème… Et tu ne vas pas imprimer en ton direct, non ? D'autant plus que ton imprimeur ne saura pas ce qu'est la couleur « orange meuble accueil »

I know I can't have the shining colors that RGB gives. But I didn't have these dull colors. 

Si tu actives la gestion des couleurs, tu verras alors ce que donnera la couleur RVB une fois convertie en CMJN.

Comment ce document va être imprimé ? Sur quel type de presse ? Sur un copieur ? Il faut que tu connaisses le profil d'impression, sinon tu iras toujours au hasard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci !

Oui en effet, le problème était bien le paramètre couleurs… Avec l'update, il s'est tout à coup désactivé, mais j'ai retrouvé les bons réglages ce matin ! Et j'ai retrouvé toutes mes couleurs d'origine sur le document ! 🙂

Je ne reste donc pas en ton direct, et me remets aussi en CMJN.

Le document est un catalogue qui sera imprimé sur du A3 plié en deux, par une imprimante Ricoh. 

Thank you everybody for your answers ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi xavierg33482246,

can you make a sample of this document available?

Just a rectangle that is filled with that color so we can see into this issue directly.

If yes put the InDesign document on Dropbox or a similar service and post the download link.

The HSB color mode (TSL in the French version) is a new feature in InDesign 2021.

So there could be still some bugs with it.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other note on the new HSB color picker, the color space view is HSB, but the actual fill or stroke color is RGB. You can see the color icon in the Swatches panel is RGB, and if you export HSB color to PDF unchanged, it will be listed as RGB when you inspect the color in AcrobatPro. Your document’s RGB profile handles the appearance of an HSB color and the conversion to CMYK would be from your document’s assigned RGB profile to the assigned CMYK profile.

You can leave the swatch as HSB and get the same conversion when exporting to PDF via the Output tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi together,

this issue should be fixed with the upcoming InDesign 2021 version 16.2.0.30.

The cause of it: "HSB colors in Swatches and Color panels work incorrectly when the Color Settings is set to "Emulate Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS Off".

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/42504469

Note: The update will be released in phases, some regions today others later in the week.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines