• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Original document will not open only the markup

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and I hope you can help me.  My cuputer recently crashed and I have a new one now.  I am a beginner with using Adobe InDesign application.   I had packaged all my files for upload.  Now that I have reinstalled the Adobe cloud suites, I only have access to the InDesign Markup within the package. I selected Beginner user origainally for Adobe applications and for the most recent upload I choose intermediate.  Would this be a reason why I can not access original packaged document?  I had a co worker go to my folder and he could access the original document and sent a zip file and it still did not appear in the zip file when I opened on my new computer. Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re the second person to ask something like this.

Expert, beginner, or intermediate are for Adobe’s marketing only and have zero effect on the application.

Without seeing your files there’s no way to know what issue is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information and fast reply. Do you know how to recover original documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the package without the original document Just the InDesign Markup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I would strongly encourage you to enable the display of file extensions for all files. That may be part of the issue, but without seeing the extensions I can't tell you.

Secondly, if the INDD files are gone, they're gone. Where is your co-worker finding them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are stored on a shared departmental drive. I can not see the original but everyone that has access to the drive can.  Why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly, I have no idea but it’s not an InDesign issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rosemaryj22750338  wrote

… This is the package without the original document Just the InDesign Markup.

Hm…
Somehow I doubt that.

If you are showing file extensions you could be sure.

Just a wild guess: Maybe one of the two "PDFs" is your InDesign document?

It's unusual that packaging a document will create two PDFs.

Maybe the suffix .indd was somehow hijacked by Adobe Acrobat ?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much that was it. As soon as I opened it up all the Id logos came back and it was on quite a few documents!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, so what did you exaclty do? just open the PDF? I have the two pdfs but they open derectly with Adobre Acrobat. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have a similiar problem, open a new topic. More than 4 years can a similiar problem rooted in different causes and to be honest, I would not always remember what I did then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines