• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Original InDesign Files are missing

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to a new Mac and my original InDesign files are missing. All of my files were backed up but the original InDesign files are not there. They are from an older version of InDesign but I should be able to open them and resave them. Help!

TOPICS
How to , InCopy workflow , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you had those files saved in a cloud storage (iCloud, CC storage, Dropbox, OneDrive) those files are not going to be copied to your new computer. I hope you still have access to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I backed up everything to the iCloud, but there are no original indesign
files in there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I backed up everything to the iCloud,

If you have backed up your files, where is the problem? And if you didn't copy your original files from your old computer to your new one, it's normal that they are missing. Why don't you retrieve them from your iCloud account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All evidence, unfortunately, is to the contrary. If you had backed them up there, they'd be there. Again, I hope you have access to the old computer, but regardless, this is not an InDesign issue at all. I hope you find your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines