• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Our IT security system has blocked the download of Indesign

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a company who has paid for me to have Indesign on my work laptop. However, when I try and download the software from online, it gets stuck on 1.5%. After numerous attempts by IT to try and resolve the issue, they believe something from our security is blocking the download. They have yet to come up with a solution their end but believe that if Adobe email me with the exe windows 64 bit file, and I download it that way, it may work. 

Is anyone able to help? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

It is 100% up to your network managers to open a filter or port to allow the download.

If they can't... your company needs a new IT team.

ETA: This is not a one-time need. Adobe software has continual communication with the company servers for license control and updates, as well as resources. A "fix" like having someone else download it won't be any useful solution. If a "lock everything down and after that it's the user's fault" IT team can't establish an open, monitored proxy port for thi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is 100% up to your network managers to open a filter or port to allow the download.

If they can't... your company needs a new IT team.

ETA: This is not a one-time need. Adobe software has continual communication with the company servers for license control and updates, as well as resources. A "fix" like having someone else download it won't be any useful solution. If a "lock everything down and after that it's the user's fault" IT team can't establish an open, monitored proxy port for this, they are not competent to 2022 standards.

—

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines